Frequently Asked Questions
[ I - GENERAL QUESTIONS ]
1) What are your opening hours ?
Our Office, Displays and Showroom are open 7 days a week
Monday to Thursday from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm
Friday from 8.00 am to 4.30 pm
Saturday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Sunday from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm
We are also open for collection
Monday to Thursday from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm
Friday from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm
Saturday from 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
There are no collections on Sunday unless previously arranged
2) Do you usually open on bank holidays ?
Yes, we open on bank holidays unless otherwise stated on our website. Bank holidays opening hours are from 9 am to 5 pm.
3) Where are you located ?
We are located near Junction 5 of the M25, on the A25 (Main Rd - Sundridge) and on the same site as the Select Garden Centre. Our postcode is TN14 6ED
4) I've ordered some slabs from you. Do you lay or install them as well?
No, we do not provide any installation service but you are welcome to come to our office and choose from the various contractors' business cards we hold.
5) Can you recommend contractors to us ?
No, we do not recommend contractors - however, we can refer contractors local to your area.
[ II - PAYMENT QUESTIONS]
1) Do you offer discounts ? Is the price listed on the website negotiable ?
For large quantity of orders, beginning at 180 m², a discount is available.
Amounts and prices discounts vary between products.
2) Will I get a discount if I pay by cash ?
Paying by cash, cheque or debit/credit card is the same. There is no discounts except for large quantities of materials as mentionned above.
3) Do you accept cheques?
We do accept cheques, but the funds have to clear before the goods leave our yard.
4) Do you accept bank transfers ?
We do accept bank transfers but funds have to clear before the goods leave our yard.
5) What types of card do you accept ?
All major Debit and Credit cards are accepted (ie : Mastercard, Visa, Maestro, Switch...)
6) Do you accept Amex ?
No, we do not accept Amex.
7) Do you require deposits ?
Yes, special orders and cutting jobs require a 50% deposit. A reserve stock also requires a deposit.
8) How to apply for an account ?
We require 6 months "pay as you go" of at least £1000.00 / month
9)Can I cancel an order after it has been paid for ?
Yes, but we require 3 working days advance notice. A restocking fee of 15% may be charged if your order has already been picked.
[ III - PRODUCT RELATED QUESTIONS]
1) Do you send sample ? How can I get one ?
Yes, we do send samples. They can be requested via the section "contact us and samples" on the website.
2) How much does a sample cost ?
There is no charge for samples to Mainland UK addresses. Some Nothern Scotland postcodes may have a charge.
3) Can I collect samples ?
Yes you can get as many samples as you need - within a reasonable amount.
4) How many samples can I get ?
If collecting, you can get as many samples as you need - within a reasonable amount. If requesting online, samples are strictly limited to 2 per customer / address
5) Do you do patio packs or patio kits ?
Yes, we can make any pattern / size arrangement you would like.
6) Do you do patterns ?
Yes, we have some generic random repeating patterns
7) What is the minimum amount of slabs that I can order ? I only need two (2) pieces!
There is no minimum amount and you can order as many slabs as you want. If you need one piece, we will sell you one piece!
8) Do you do concrete slabs ?
No, we don't do concrete materials - we only supply natural stones.
9) I cannot see the size/texture/colour of the stone I am looking for...
Most of the products we carry in stock are displayed on the website, but not all!! We can bespoke to order or order in special sizes / shapes. Lead times can vary between 1 to 12 weeks.
10) What does "riven" mean ?
A riven surface is not completely flat but has an undulating surface texture.
11) What does "sawn" mean ?
Sawn means flat, like a timber board.
12) What does "sandblasted" mean ?
Sandblasting is a method using high pressured air to spray sand particles at the surface of the stone.
[ IV - DELIVERIES, RETURNS AND COLLECTIONS QUESTIONS]
1) Do you deliver? And where ?
Yes, we deliver all accross the UK, Europe and Internationally
2) Do you deliver on week-ends or bank holidays ?
No we don't normally deliver on weekends or bank holidays. However, deliveries on those days can be arranged with advanced notice. An extra fee is involved.
3) How much is delivery ?
Delivery charges depend on the quantity of materials ordered and the delivery postcode. Please call us to get a delivery quote.
4) Can I collect my orders ?
Yes, you can. Just let us know when placing your order if you wish to collect it.
5) Can I collect on Sundays ?
Our stock yard is normally closed on sundays, however, for small quantities, the materials can be brought to our offce. Let us know when placing your order if you need to collect on sunday, so we can get the goods ready for you
6) How long does a delivery take ?
When placing an order, we usually ask for 5 to 7 days. The delivery will occur on the day mentionned on the order.
7) Can I book a morning / afternoon delivery ?
It's possible but depends on the runs we have that day. If you require a morning / afternoon delivery, please mention it when placing your order. A extra charge may apply.
8) Do you roughly know when will the delivery take place ?
Deliveries usually happen between 9 am and 3 pm. We do not have an exact range as to when the delivery occurs, due to several factors (ie : weather conditions, road conditions, traffic...). We therefore always recommend to give us a ring on the morning of the day the delivery is due, so we can give you a better idea.
9) How early can I book a collection ?
We usually ask for a couple of hours before placing an order, if the materials need to be picked up on that day. Under normal circumstances, there are no collections before 9 am.
10) How do I collect my order ?
You always need to come to our office first, so we can provide you with a collection slip which you will hand over to the Yard Staff. No collection can be made without this slip.
11) I've ordered too many slabs - Can I return them ?
Yes, you can. There is however a 15% restocking fee.
12) I've ordered too many slabs - Can you come and collect them ?
Yes, we can. A transport and restocking fee may apply
13) I've ordered too little slabs - Can I get more ?
Yes you can. Simply place another order. Unless you collect, a delivery charge will apply.
14) The slabs you delivered are different in colour / texture OR are just not the ones I ordered - What now ?
These are natural stones so the colours can vary from slab to slab. If the texture / colour difference is very significant, please send us a picture. This will help us assess if you have the correct stone and find a solution for you..
15) The slabs I ordered are broken - What now ?
Please send us a picture so we can assess the damage. The picture should be taken as soon as possible and the delivery docket noted on the damage.